IHMA - The National Platform of Indian Homoeopaths is relentless in its efforts to raise the standards of Homoeopathic Education & Practice in India.
IHMA serve the human society by awarding the benefits of homoeopathic system of treatment to public, especially the low socio-economic groups by conducting regular medical camps and fight to maintain the honor and dignity of the profession. It Conducts regular CMEs, leadership training programs, faculty & clinical training, PSC, UPSC & PG Entrance coaching, conferences, newsletters & magazines along with integrated medical research.
- To serve the human society by awarding the benefits of Homoeopathic System of treatment to public, especially the low socio-economic groups.
- To improve the quality of Homoeopathic Medical Practice.
- To improve the quality of Homoeopathic Medical Education.
- To maintain the honour and dignity and to uphold the interest of the profession of Homoeopathic Practice and to promote cooperation amongst the members thereof.
- To work for the abolition of fake Homoeopathic Practices.
- To achieve welfare of qualified Homoeopathic Doctors.
- To stand for integrated medical research in Homoeopathy.
- To conduction medical camps, especially in epidemics affected areas.
- To promote and advance Homoeopathic System of Medicine and allied sciences and to benefit and improve public health thereby.
Activities of IHMA
- Conducts regular CMEs, Leadership Training Programmes, faculty & clinical training, PSC, UPSC & PG Entrance coaching, conferences, newsletters & magazines along with integrated medical research.
- Maintain National, State and District offices.
- Conduct Educational Campaign among the people of the state in the matter of public health and sanitation awareness.
- Organize Medical and Preventive camps.
- Borrow or raise money in such manner as the association may think fit and collect subscription and donations for the purpose of the association.
- Invest any money of the association not immediately required for any of its objects in such manner as may from time be determined by the association.
- Assist, subscribe to, co-operate, affiliate, be affiliated to or amalgamate with any other public body, whether incorporated, registered or not, and having altogether or in part objects similar to those of the association.
- Create or assist in creating local branches for any of the purpose aforesaid as and when necessary.
- Do all such other as are cognate to the objects of the association or are incidental or conductive to the attainment of the above objects.
History of IHMA
It has fought tooth and nail many absurd decisions of the authorities concerned and this way gained maximum acceptance among the homoeopathic community which is evident from the growth it achieved along the length and breadth of India.Since its inception, IHMA took firm stand against the corruption and nepotism that were prevalent in the Central Council of Homoeopathy at the time. The corruptions were so gross that there were even vigilance cases against some of the top office bearers of the CCH. As a result of the complaints filed by the IHMA before the enquiry commission led by Honourable Justice Usha Verma, the then CCH were dismissed and new members were elected.